Before we know it the long and grey winter is gone and spring is here. With this new season also come spring cleaning and that means home maintenance for most of us
Here are a few tips to ensure your home is ready for a summer like no other.
- Clear the gutters and downspouts. April showers bring May flowers. With all that rain we recommend you ensure gutters and downspouts are not blocked with levels of debris from fall and winter. Always point your downspouts away from your house to direct water away from the foundation.
- Clean home siding and home exterior. Clean siding with a pressure washer to help keep mold and mildew at bay. Also, check exterior woodwork to see if there’s any weathering or paint failure.
- Check sprinkler and irrigation systems. Inspect your yard sprinkler system for any damage that could’ve occurred during the winter. Address any exposed lines, leaky valves, or improperly working sprinkler heads.
- Cleaned outdoor patio furniture. The arrival of spring is always a welcome sign that you need to get into your patio furniture for another fun season. Hose down the furniture and scrub any areas needing extra attention.
- Wash windows. With all the sunshine coming in spring that can show up all the dirt buildup on your windows that occurred over the winter. You can do this yourself with a hose attachment and streak-free window cleaning products.
With these few tips, your home will be ready for a great summer.