Home safety is an important element for all homeowners. Part of keeping your home safe is keeping it secure. Here are some basic security measures that will help you keep your home and your family safe.
- It’s important to make sure that your house number is visible from the street. This is especially important in case of an emergency. Reflective numbers or having a light installed over the area can help identify your home even in the dark
- Sliding or track doors should have a solid bar or dowel in their tracking system to prevent a break-in. The length of the bar should be almost the exact length of the track within ¼” of the total length.
- The spare key should be given to a trusted neighbor or friend instead of using a spare key under a rock or the door frame. Consider investing in a small combination stay somewhere on the property as well.
- Another good tip is installing motion-activated floodlights around the home. This will also help with home security. Make sure the bulbs are always in good working condition.
- Use deadbolts on every exterior door. And if the doors have windows make sure to install a floor lock. Deadbolts are a sure way to give you added security and peace of mind
A safe home is a happy home. Make home security a top priority today.